Re: Exos 2 PMC8 telescope size #EXOS2

kevin power

Thanks for your reply

I had excellent polar alignment according to Sharpcap and balance was as good as I could get due to guide scope being off center, maybe I could rotate more to balance out better?

I use the same guide scope as I do on the ED80 and have multi star guiding set up in PHD2.

I assumed that as I was using the same guide scope I wouldn’t need to change any settings in PHD2 but im guessing that is not the case? Would this be because of the positioning of the guide scope on the main telescope eg guide scope is now much further forward and would alter the signal to the mount?

Sounds like I need to do more research into PHD2 settings and hopefully can save more than one setup so to not have to recalibrate every usage.

The 2 times I have tried the 200PDS have been clear calm nights with no noticeable wind so I do not think this is the issue and have also seen videos of the EXOS2 handling large loads so felt safe getting this one.

Thanks

Kev

Sent from Mail for Windows 10