Re: EXOS-2 PMC-EIGHT pier #EXOS2

kevin power

I will get measurements tomorrow and see what I can get myself or there are a few metal fabricators near me so I could design something and get them to make it.

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of m4ttnova . via groups.io <haneynmat@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 10:38:15 PM
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io <MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] EXOS-2 PMC-EIGHT pier #EXOS2

I too have been looking at a pier. For my exos 2 in the UK. You could make one, I think you need to buy an adapter from altair astro. It fits the meade lx75 which I believe it's based on

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021, 21:47 kevin power, <kevinpower@...> wrote:
An extension would work for me or a pier I could put legs on, it's mainly to stop any collisions.

Had no luck with Google trying to find anything so when home tomorrow I will measure everything up and see about making one or converting other brands?

Thanks

Kev

From: Andrew Houseman <andrew.e.houseman@...>
Date: 6/19/21 1:47 PM (GMT-04:00)

The Orion pier will work well with a slight modification with a hack saw to widen the slot and shorten the pin.

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021, 1:11 PM kevin power <kevinpower@...> wrote:
Hi all

One last question for now.

I'm in the UK but is there a pier for the EXOS-2 PMC-EIGHT? In the last year I have had a couple of collisions with telescopes hitting the tripod legs.

Do Explore Scientific make one or is there another brand that fits? Maybe it's a case of having to get one made?

Thanks