Re: EXOS-2 PMC-EIGHT pier #EXOS2

This sounds very useful. I have pretty much abandoned meridian flips thanks to collisions. Last night I was tracking the Lagoon Nebula and the transit altitude was around 32 degrees. But while switching sides the telescope pitches up more steeply and sure enough the camera hit the tripod.

Given plate solving for alignment, I may have a workaround which is to track just past the time of transit, park at Polar Home, and from there goto the object now on the other side. The telescope does not point up so much this way.

Which leads me to wonder if there could one day be a software solution. Where is the algorithm for meridian flips contained? In the PMC-Eight firmware, the Ascom driver, Ascom or APT?
--
Paul
Lewisville, Texas