Random Tips

W. Christopher Moses

Hi,

These aren't really specific to the PMC-8 but I thought I would post them anyway:

1. In PhD2 I was receving sporadic "Mount is slewing" errors.  I saved the debug logs to try to figure out what was going on, but I also discovered you can set it to automatically ignore the error and keep guiding. Much better than continually wondering if your guiding has failed.

2.  I was using TSX to image and PhD2 to guide.  I forgot and left dithering on in both.  Bad idea.  As soon as I turned it off in TSX, my total RMS fell by about 0.05"

3.  If you are like me and forget to properly set the naming convention for your image files, http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Screenshots.php will be a big help.  It's my favorite renamer.

Just a few random tips...