Re: Pulseguide settings & errors

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Good day,

I can provide some insight on item (3):

Reasons this may occur:

1.      Make sure your mount is aimed true North.

2.      Your mount needs to be level.  You should check all corners of the tripod legs:

The center after doing each corner of the tray.

Verifying tray and top mount are identical

Determining bubble level accuracy

3.      Making sure your imaging scope is balanced on both the RA/ DEC axis.

4.      Regarding SharpCap and its accuracy.   SharpCap accuracy can be

improved by aligning your iEXOS-100 tunnel/ guidescope/ and your telescope.

Make sure all three scopes are looking at the same object centered.  This can be verified

during the day by selecting a fixed object approximately a quarter-mile away.

This should eliminate or greatly reduce most pointing errors.

5.      Once you have things figured out, try and setup in the same location, so you will

not have to repeat steps 1 and 2.

6.      There are no home position marks on the iEXOS-100 mount, so you will have to

make your own.  Most people use painters tape.  I use taped on numbers.

As for me, I can’t see Polaris due to numerous obstructions.  I level/ fully extend the tripod

legs of my mount and aim towards True North and go on my way.

.

.JR