ACorkill

Hi Guys,

I'd like to share a couple of simple photos taken with the Explore Scientific Losmandy G-11 with PMC-EIght.

I've been avoiding long exposure photography so far, but decided to try some DSLR video of the planets, and learned a very fast stacking and processing trick that only takes about 2 minutes. The results are satisfying. At some point, down the road, I'll hit up JR to understand the rest of the processing techniques.
The tracking of the mount is flawless and so solid that I can hit the legs, slap them and climb all over the mount and not worry at all that Jupiter and Saturn will still be in the field of view.  It is a heavy payload, but the G11 carries it well.

These are taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II
2 - 3 minutes of video
Processing: PIPP, AutoStakkert3, Registax
Explore Scientific Losmandy G11 with PMC-EIght & 14"SCT

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Observatory: Riverstar Observatory - SkyShed POD
Main Telescope: