Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jeff Snell

Thanks Dave!  Shot this with the DSLR and TPO Ultrawide riding on an ESED80APO and the EXOSGT2 PMC this past weekend.  The 294 was shooting thru the APO.  I’m still processing it.  No filters for this shot, ultra dark new moon skies at 9000 ft.  40 exposures, 120 sec each at 1600 ISO.  

On Jul 17, 2021, at 1:25 PM, Dave Cherry <andromedacity@...> wrote:

Thanks!

Sure Jeff.  Gain 200 , all other parameters at factory default.

3min exposures using L Extreme filter

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 17 July 2021 19:52
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do.

Nice Dave!  Mind sharing your ASI camera settings?  I just bought the same camera and am fishing for a sweet spot on the same target.

Jeff

On Jul 17, 2021, at 12:21 PM, Dave Cherry <andromedacity@...> wrote:

Very Nice Andrew. I would love to have a dedicated setup for the planets . It appears you do need that big  aperture to get detail.

I have switched back to my widefield from doing some 2.5 barlow stuff on the 200PDS for smaller nebula.

I got this last night. I’m very pleased with it

Would love to know what you guys think

It was shot with SW 72 ED , ASI294 MCPRO and PMC mount (And with the new PH2 multi-star guiding, The PMC Stays within 1 on the graph no problem! . I use a Fast refresh on the guide scope to achieve this (0.7 of a second))

Really loving it at the moment, Crystal clear night last night 😊

Makes a change here in London UK

Cheers

Dave

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 16 July 2021 00:27
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do.

Hi Guys,

I'd like to share a couple of simple photos taken with the Explore Scientific Losmandy G-11 with PMC-EIght. 

I've been avoiding long exposure photography so far, but decided to try some DSLR video of the planets, and learned a very fast stacking and processing trick that only takes about 2 minutes. The results are satisfying. At some point, down the road, I'll hit up JR to understand the rest of the processing techniques. 
The tracking of the mount is flawless and so solid that I can hit the legs, slap them and climb all over the mount and not worry at all that Jupiter and Saturn will still be in the field of view.  It is a heavy payload, but the G11 carries it well.

<Jupiter - ES G11 and 14SCT - 16mm eyepiece and 2x barlow - 7-10-21 - Copy.png>

<Saturn - ES G11 w-PMC-Eight and 14SCT - 500x - 7-10-21 - Copy.png>

These are taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II
2 - 3 minutes of video
Processing: PIPP, AutoStakkert3, Registax
Explore Scientific Losmandy G11 with PMC-EIght & 14"SCT

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Observatory: Riverstar Observatory - SkyShed POD
Main Telescope:
Explore Scientific 152ED APO Refractor in Carbon Fiber, Meade 14"SCT
Mount: Explore Scientific Losmandy G11 Mount w/PMC-Eight
Other Scopes: Meade 8"LX90 SCT, William Optics ZenithStar 66mm APO Refractor
Binoculars: Oberwerk 20x80 & 25x100 Giant Binoculars, Alpen 8x42

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS, Skywatcher 72ED
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXO2
Cameras: ASI 294MCPRO Coooled, Altair guide cam + 50mm scope
Software: Sharpcap Pro ,PH2, Stelarium Startools

<North_America_Nebula_(Part of)_Dave_Cherry_July_2021_v2.jpg>

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS, Skywatcher 72ED
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXO2
Cameras: ASI 294MCPRO Coooled, Altair guide cam + 50mm scope
Software: Sharpcap Pro ,PH2, Stelarium Startools

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.