Re: 2/3 Star Alignment, possible to select the stars to align? #ExploreStars #alignment

Euan Milne

Edited

Hi Wes

Thanks for the help, I have installed the ExploreStars App on an android tablet, the version i have installed is ES1.9.20051.494 DBVer2.3 FWVer 2.03.

Just to confirm the steps for the 2/3 Star alignment process this is what I am doing using the Android version above;

  1. Menu > Settings >  Set Auto Align to off
  2. click 2 Star Alignment (this takes me back to the main screen)
  3. Menu > Catalogue > Select first star to align (for example Vega), This brings up a screen with the star details. Click Sew to object. This brings up the main screen.
  4. centre the star on the eyepiece/camera by using the Up/Down/Left/Right buttons
  5. Once the star is centred press the "Enter" button
  6. Align the 2nd star by the same process in steps 3 - 6.
  7. Mount should now be aligned, so use catalogue to goto an object.
  8. Centre the object, and press sync.
  9. The letter P in a tringle should be shown to indicate that the alignment data is being used.

Can you confirm that this is the correct procedure.

Thanks.

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1