locked Re: How to start guiding #astrophotography

Frank Rich

I have an I phone using an app called polar scope align. I believe they have it for Android also. Use the daylight alignment tool it gets me close enough to Polaris
You may have guessed my neighbor is Wes McDonald so yes I am very lucky

Frank

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 2:39 PM Euan Milne <euan_milne@...> wrote:
Thanks that's exactly what I am looking for, so once polar aligned how do I find my target, if not using explore stars goto?

I know plate solving will show me what's in the image frame, but I need to get the camera pointing in the right general direction, is it just a matter of star hoping and learning the sky?

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1