locked Re: How to start guiding #astrophotography

Harry

Euan, I will give you another option. I use the ASIair Pro.
I love it’s simplicity and ease of use. It is controlled via an iPad or Android tablet. No laptop or computer. No Ascom or drivers to install / program. Your Canon 1200D appears to be supported. It will Polar Align, find your target, control exposure, guide,(using ZWO guide camera). No 3 star alignment, so ExploreStars is no longer used. You do need to connect it to your iExos 100 via USB serial cable.
I have a similar setup as you, just a Nikon camera. It works great. You will need some photo editing software (I use Affinity Photo) to stack and process the image.
Just another option.

Harry

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight
Guide: ZWO 30mm Mini, ZWO ASI120MM-Mini
Software: ASIair Pro, iPad Pro, MacOS, Affinity Photo, SkySafari Plus
Cameras: Nikon D600, D5500 (UV/IR Mod)
Misc: ES USB Power Bank

Filters:  Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance