Help pls, Guiding cables, Do i need to connect the ST4 cable to laptop and mount? #tracking

Euan Milne

Folks,

Getting my head around the guiding setup. Cable wise, I have a USB cable from Laptop to Mount, usb Cable from Laptop to Guide Camera, Do I need to use the ST4 cable between the camera and the mount or the laptop and mount or something else?

Some resources say no and other say yes.

 I plan on using ATP / Stellarium / Phd2 and ASCOM. I have all the software talking to each other.
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1