Should i be connecting to ASCOM Device Hub or POTH #ASCOM

Euan Milne

Folks,

Reading past posts on here, a lot of advice is to connect to the mount using POTH. Having checked my ASCOM installation today, I had only "ACOM Device Hub" installed, reading more it seems that POTH has been replaced by Device Hub but what is the expert opinion on which one should be used?

I have been getting constant "pulse Guiding error, mount failed to respond" warnings in PH2 so I am try to figure out why.

Software I am using is Win10 Laptop, APT, SharpCap, PHD2

Thanks.
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1