Re: RESEND: ANNOUNCEMENT - UPDATED Universal Firmware Installation Kit 20A01.1 2021-08-08 #ExploreScientific #ASCOM #FIRMWARE #UFCT

Jennifer Shelly

I am pleased to report that the new FW and new ASCOM driver worked great for me last night with my G-11.  The UFCT would not let me change the mount to G-11 from iExos-100.  It would select G-11 and my COM port and click Get My Current Configuration and it would revert to iExos-100 and tell me to either select Exos-2 or G-11.  I bypassed it by clicking Set Current Configuration and then it would let me change the mount to G-11.  The other thing I noticed in the UFCT is that Northern Hemisphere was not checked by default.  Not sure if this was intentional or not.  I did not notice it at first and was scratching my head trying to figure out why my mount was slewing towards the ground.  I did not have any issues with PHD2 guide pulses stopping.  Was able to guide my entire session.  The last thing I noticed is that I when I slewed the mount to my target my orientation from Stellarium was not taken into account.  Other than that a drastic improvement compared to my last time out. Now I have to do the same thing for my Exos-2 and iExos-100.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2, ES PMC-8 iEXOS-100
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, Askar FRA400, Askar FRA600, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C, QHY183M
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance / L-Extreme, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD, Primaluce Lab Sesto Senso 2, QHY CFW3-S, Optolong 1.25” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro