Re: Com Port

Don Bradford

That may be a bit complicated, but historically I have been successful in operating my new EXOS2/PMCEight with ASIAIR Pro. ASIAIR Pro attaches through the serial port via RS232/USB cable (which has been reprogrammed to invert the DTR signal). I have operated the whole thing with my iPad mini. I wanted to be able (as an alternative) to use my MacBook for control of the PMCEight as well as other image processing. So I recently installed Parallels 17 and Windows 10. The past several days I have been trying to update the PMCEight firmware. It does not like simultaneous serial (ASIAIR) and WiFi. So now I just have the mount and PMC Eight wired, and the same serial cable used with the ASIAIR.  My WiFi info on the Mac/Windows says I am connected to the PMCEIGHT, but the PMC8 Configuration Manager seems to say otherwise.  On other bit of info: the ExploreStars App opens and says “DATA FILES MISSING” even though the files were installed at the same time as the app (if I did the installation correctly). I have been working on this for some time and with some success (including several problems with Windows 10) but I am stumped now. 
Don Bradford
EXOS2/PMCEight
ASIAIR Pro
ZWO ASI294MM Pro
Explore Scientific 102mm AR f/6.5

On Sep 7, 2021, at 4:20 PM, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Don

I can’t unpack your message.  Let’s take it to your current configuration of everything. 

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.