Frank Rich

Very Nice Ian!!, thanks for the link to articles on Starnett

Frank R

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 10:32 AM Ian Morison <ian@...> wrote:
Hi All,
          I bought the iEXOS-100 to take on our Astronomy Society Field trips to a dark site.  Due to COVID we have just had our first visit to Anglesey - so this is my first result from a dark sky.   I used a Nikon to astro-camera adapter with a 300 mm, f/4.5, lens at full aperture and took 200, 30 second exposures.  Frames were aligned and stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and then  the galaxy and stars were separated using Starnett++.  Both images were then processed individually and recombined.  This allows one to enhance the galaxy without 'blowing out' the stars.

Articles about this, Starnett++ and many other aspects of astrophotography which could be useful can be found in my 'Astronomy Digest'  - just search or goto:  www.ianmorison.com. (Note a single 'r')
It is a super little mount!

Cheers,
Ian

PS: Having Polar aligned using SharpCap Pro, Andromeda was dead centre in the frame!