EXOS2-GT Mount auto meridian flip #astrophotography

Micheal

When I start the EXOS2-GT mount I typically have the align arrows for both the Dec and RA.
This has been given be problems when photographing Jupiter and Saturn as there is a very short time before the Dec control cover hits the RA control cover and the mount needs to be stopped and a meridian flip is done better if they didn't hit. When I first got the mount I was placing the dec control box on the other side of the mount and not aligning the arrow.  I do not have any view to the east tell 44 degrees above the horizon. If I'm using plate solve and always start with weights down and scope point towards Polaris does anyone see this to be a problem. With the control box on the other side, it appears I can let the mount continue 5-7minutes or more past the meridian before I need to flip it to the other side. Just look to see if others see a problem with this that I'm not seeing.
Micheal