Backlash in RA worm gear on Exos-100

James <jeverson.biz@...>

Hey guys and gals. I was pulling out my 100 that I haven't used in a while and noticed quite a bit of backlash in the RA axis. I found this tutorial and tried to follow it. It appears the issue is that the worm gear has to much lateral movement. There is a "screw" on the side opposite the drive belt that you are supposed to be able to tighten or loosen to adjust this lateral movement. The screw is actually hollow and only has two inset groves where the threads are. Even my widest flathead won't cover the width and I tried using a dime like the guy in the video did and all it did was bend the coin. It is in there really tight. Anyone else seen this? What did you use to adjust this screw?

Thanks

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT, iEXOS-100, Celestron AVX
Scope: Explore Scientific AR102, AR152, FirstLight 152mm Mak-Cassegrain, William Optics SpaceCat 51, Sky-Watcher Evostar ED APO 72mm
Guide Scope: Astromania 50mm Guidescope (190mm focal length), SVBONY SV165 Mini Guide Scope 30mm (120mm focal length)
Guide Camera: ZWO ASI120MM Mini Monochrome
Camera: Canon RP (IR modification), ZWO ASI120MM-S Monochrome
Filters: Optolong CLS-CCD, Baader Planetarium UHC-S Nebula Filter, and Orion SkyGlow Astrophotography Filter
Laptop: Dell XPS 13
Software: Windows 10 Home (20H2), PHD2, ASCOM, and APT

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.