Re: Question from prospective buyer: No hand paddle

W. Christopher Moses

I have frequently used my Surface book in tablet mode - with the KB disconnected.  I used ascom to move/jog the axis.  It worked fine, although I did have to wipe it off once or twice as condensation formed.  I doubt that would happen in most cases but it was a fast temperature drop.

I'm not  sure about anyone grafting a paddle onto the serial port, but it should be pretty easy if you want a project to play with.

There have been some threads about using xbox controllers to control the mount via EQMOD.  It sounds like it works but you should double check, I haven't followed the threads closely.