Re: Question from a prospective buyer: networking

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi Jennifer,

It seems like I have read this article before. Yes, based on how it is using the serial port on the mount controller, and also mapping a com port to the Bluetooth wireless device on the computer, it should theoretically work. I would say give it a try. There is nothing there that seems like it would not work with the PMC-Eight. You need to switch the PMC-Eight to the serial port communications, but that's easy to do.

It looks like what this does is substitute the serial cable with a Bluetooth virtual serial cable. One thing to keep in mind is that the range will not be very large as compared to the WiFi connection already supplied with the PMC-Eight and PMC-Eight ASCOM driver. The other thing to know is that the Baud rate for the PMC-Eight is 115,200 which the Bluetooth connection must support.

Thanks for sharing

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC