Re: Question from a prospective buyer: networking

W. Christopher Moses

jmizen,
    Not that it does not answer your question, but here is how I have things set-up. It might give you some ideas.
I have a PC on top of the scope which is connected to the PMC-8 via serial.  When I'm at a remote site, I bring my own router and put it under the mount.  The mini-PC joins the network and then I can RDP into the mini-pc.
If there is wifi at the site and you want to join that network, I use a software bridge to have one NIC on the public network and the "Real" one on my network.
I've only used it once or twice, but it seems to work well.  I'm sure Mac must be capable of doing the same thing.