Re: Dec Worm Adjustment

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi Chris,

Here something else to test. I am interested in how repeatable the alignment is for each method to understand the overall precision of the method. I would suggest that you do a polar alignment using each method at least 5 times and compare the results. Make sure you do your normal process whether you pick up your mount and  place it down on the same marks or move your mount to a different location when you start your alignment. Do you use a compass to do an initial gross algnment? I assume you level your mount when you place it in it's location and do not typically adjust the altitude until the PoleMaster or other program prompts you to.

If you can go through this process and get a series of alignment errors on the same night then we can get an idea what the real precision is on each method. If it takes you 15-20 minutes to do a polar alignment from scratch from when you first place your mount in its location then you will spend a couple of hours do this for each method.  I think it is important to understand the reputability of each method,

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering