W. Christopher Moses
Thanks for taking a look!
I did notice the 70s spike but did not notice the ratio.
Taking a video sounds like a good idea. I had it about as smooth as I could get it by feel before tightening things down.
I tried to put the Ruland couples on, just for fun, but they would not fit. The hole going onto the worm gear was just a little bit too small. Oh well.
Overall, the adjustment seems to have helped, with the exception of that spike, which is visible on the guiding chart. In fact, I was regularly getting .4"-.45". Obviously, it was very good seeing.
The only other change I made was to how tightly I screw down the clutches. I used to really crank them down, but after turning the worm by hand as I adjusted the clutch tension, I decided to ease off significantly.
Whatever the cause of the improvement, I'm sure my images will look very good.