California and Heart Nebulae

Steve Siedentop

Edited

These are two single 5 minute ISO 1600 exposures on a Central DS CDS600 camera with the sensor temp at around 21 degrees Fahrenheit and a 7 nm h-Alpha filter so I could test while the moon was full.  The scope is an Explore Scientific ED127 FCD100 with a .8 reducer/flattener.  You'll notice at the edges it's a better reducer than a flattener on this scope.  To be fair, the reducer/flattener is designed for the ED152.  The only processing done here is a single stretch to dial back the red.  Stars look ok, but I had an odd set of PHD2 corrections occurring about every 90 seconds in RA.  This is the first time I've had a chance to get it out and image with it.