Re: ZWO ASIAIR Wifi Camera Controller for ASI Cameras - ASIAIR

Steve Siedentop

StellarMate is another option, but will lack the slick UI specifically for ZWO camera control.

-Steve

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 10:17 PM Winfield Moses via Groups.Io <chris_moses=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I use ZWO cameras for both imaging and guiding, but I have not tried the ASI Air, if that is what you're referring to.  It looks like it is running Linux and INDI.  Because it uses INDI, you could use it with a PMC-8 mount.  You would have to use their interface.  That would be a downside.
Basically, you would be locked into their software - unless they give you full access to the linux machine.
Conceptually, its the same as mounting a mini-pc on the mount.  Except, in this case, the mini-pc is a small linux box.

If you want to go the Linux route, it looks like a viable option, although the speed of such small machines has always concerned me.  It does seem to interface with SkySafari.

Please keep in mind that all of the above are assumptions from reading the website. I've never actually used it

On Sunday, September 9, 2018, 8:37:15 PM EDT, john macias <jdm5@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,
Looking to purchase a ZWO ASI camera, and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the WiFi Camera Controller. Are the features something that the PMC-Eight already includes and would be redundant, or can they work together for guiding/imaging? Sorry in advance for the noob question, just don't want to purchase something I can't use :)

https://www.highpointscientific.com/zwo-asiair-wifi-module-asiair

Thx!
John