Re: Battery Power for EXOS-IIGT with PMC-Eight

Steve Siedentop

I believe the PMC8 has reverse polarity protection.  As the PMC8 uses the "standard" 5.5 x 2.1mm center positive plug, you'll find options readily available.

Note to Jerry:  I'd like to see ES include at least a DC power cable as that's what the competition is doing and these mounts will be judged against competing products in the same price class.

That being said, a Celestron power cable will work just fine.  I made my own using Anderson Power Poles.  I also made my own battery box for less than $100 including the deep cycle battery.  If you don't need something that big, there are plenty of 12 volt battery options.

  I'll dig out a parts list when I get home.

-Steve