From: "Scott" <allstar@...>
Date: September 21, 2018 at 4:31:26 PM CDT
To: ESPMC-Eight@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Simulated Two/Three Star Alignment?

Larry,

I've had this mount for over a year and I'm still cussing. I have never been able to have the alignment work and hence the GOTO/tracking to work. This is the reason I joined this forum this week. I've read all the materials and watched all of Jerry's materials, but to no avail. I reinstalled ExploreStars yesterday and when I went to do the star align, my second star choices were in Orion. Orion wasn't even out. I checked my time and location and it's correct. I'm at a complete loss and came to this board to get help.

Having said that, I must confess I am totally new to telescopes and mounts. This is my first one. I still love it. I'm just about ready to give up on this mount and get one that works for morons. The reason I haven't is because of the customer support and when I compare this mount, it just seems like it's better if I only knew how to use it. I don't know if there is a nicer guy out there than Jerry Hubbell. He has been so patient with me. This is why I keep trying.

If anybody lives in Utah and can sync this mount, I'd sure like to meet up with you. Nobody at my star parties has this mount. If I could get it to work I would show it off.

At any rate Larry, here are some good links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPg4IZZlXY&feature=youtu.be

I'm now looking into ASCOM driver, but haven't tried it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhV0k24_fMQ&feature=youtu.be