Re: Simulated Two/Three Star Alignment?

Steve Siedentop

I usually keep mine set up in my office, pointed roughly north and latitude set with a digital level.  I simulate an alignment by going through the motions and I use something like SkySafari to validate that the mount is pointing where it’s supposed to (roughly).

This has been a big help in practicing when the weather is unfavorable...which has been the case more often than not this year.

-Steve

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 12:35 AM Larry White <p23lwhite@...> wrote:
Wes,
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm not looking to align using CdC.  All I want to do is simulate the alignment process while working with the mount indoors during bad weather.