Noisy EXOS 2 PMC8?

Steve Siedentop

Moving to a new thread with a relevant subject line to facilitate further discussion, searches, organization, etc.

Question from Pete Turner...

How loud is the EXOS2GTmount with PMC-8?  The videos that I have viewed show it to be very quiet.  The mount I got is anything but. It sounds a lot like my old Celestron CG5-GT.

Response from Steve

Hi Pete -

When ES visited our astronomy club to demo the EXOS 2 PMC8 a couple of years ago, I definitely remember it being quieter than my CG5 which sounded not quite like a coffee grinder.

Any chance you could post a video or just audio?

I don't recall Brian's EXOS 2 PMC8 being terribly loud either when we've been out.  Brian, thoughts?

-Steve