Re: Useful 3D printed parts for the Exos-2

W. Christopher Moses

I fully agree.  That is the only piece of the G-11 that seems sub-par.  Beside the sinking movement, I want everything on my mount ROCK SOLID.  Cables, cameras, etc....all the way down to the little things.

I was in a hurry.  I just used some of that quick drying clay-like stuff .  Molded it around the leg and then flattened the other side.  I keep meaning to measure the diameter and then 3d print a better solution.  If anyone knows the OD, let me know and I'll give it a shot.

On Thursday, September 27, 2018, 7:07:40 PM EDT, Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...> wrote:

I don't like that velcro strap, either.  Much too inclined to sneak down the leg and past the spreader, with my PMC-8 sliding towards the ground while the legs are shifting around, as I level the mount.

The plan (it's on my list...) is to put a wooden block on the spreader, with the aluminum wedge attached to its side, such that the PMC-8 box is held vertically, off the side of the spreader, and well above the ground.

- Bob