Re: Useful 3D printed parts for the Exos-2

Larry White

I used an adjustable hose clamp.  I opened it all the way open and ran it over the top of the Velcro.  I wrapped the Velcro around the tripod leg and tightened the hose clamp over the Velcro.  Works great and didn’t starch the leg.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: ESPMC-Eight@groups.io <ESPMC-Eight@groups.io> on behalf of Winfield Moses via Groups.Io <chris_moses@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:39:31 PM
To: ESPMC-Eight@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Useful 3D printed parts for the Exos-2

Well, that sounds much easier than me doing it!
I just got back from a trip and am still catching up on messages.  I'll go fin my micrometer!

On Thursday, September 27, 2018, 7:26:12 PM EDT, Mike Leemhuis <skislalom1@...> wrote:

If someone can tell me the G11 leg diameter I’d be happy to add a variation to my 2” EXOS 2 3D design that I published yesterday.

Mike Leemhuis.

On Sep 27, 2018, at 7:16 PM, Winfield Moses via Groups.Io <chris_moses@...> wrote:

I fully agree.  That is the only piece of the G-11 that seems sub-par.  Beside the sinking movement, I want everything on my mount ROCK SOLID.  Cables, cameras, etc....all the way down to the little things.

I was in a hurry.  I just used some of that quick drying clay-like stuff .  Molded it around the leg and then flattened the other side.  I keep meaning to measure the diameter and then 3d print a better solution.  If anyone knows the OD, let me know and I'll give it a shot.

On Thursday, September 27, 2018, 7:07:40 PM EDT, Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...> wrote:

I don't like that velcro strap, either.  Much too inclined to sneak down the leg and past the spreader, with my PMC-8 sliding towards the ground while the legs are shifting around, as I level the mount.

The plan (it's on my list...) is to put a wooden block on the spreader, with the aluminum wedge attached to its side, such that the PMC-8 box is held vertically, off the side of the spreader, and well above the ground.

- Bob

--

Mike Leemhuis