USB adapter for PMC-8

r_hoskin@...

Jerry,

I finally pulled the trigger on an EXOS-2/PMC-8.  Just waiting on it to ship now.  I will be using it with a laptop.

I want to make sure I'm picking a serial-to-usb adapter that a) has the chipset you're recommending, and b) has good/reliable build quality.

I think the Startech ICUSB2321F checks boxes for chip, general reputation, and serial connector gender.  I did wonder if the serial port speeds were ok - looks like the Startech unit tops out at exactly the speed you are running the serial port at. I'd feel better if the adapter had some reserve capacity over what the PMC-8 uses, but perhaps I'm worrying over nothing.

What say you?

Thanks!

Bob