Re: USB adapter for PMC-8

David Pickett

At 18:12 13-10-17, r_hoskin@... [ESPMC-Eight] wrote:

But... on closer inspection, that little board looks a bit vulnerable. I think I should come up with a case of some kind to give it a bit of mechanical support (and maybe weather protection).
I just ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0758BMXBG/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It SAYS the FTDI chip is included and, looking at other models, it seems that the pcb involved could fit inside the housing of the RS232 plug. If true, it looks less vulnerable than the Parallax board. Similar devices must also be available at Amazon.com.

I will report here in due course whether it works or not!

David