Connecting a second device to the PMC8 via wifi?

Steve Siedentop

Greeting all!

I had a chance to spend some time with Scott and Greg at the Peach State Star Gaze and used the G-11 PMC 8 over the course of a couple of nights and enjoyed it thoroughly!

I am considering a mount upgrade and I have a question...I did my best to search through the messages for answers, but found none.  Please accept my apologies in advance if this has already been discussed at length.  Bear with me while I frame it.

My current imaging set up consists of an Intel Compute Stick running Windows 10 Pro, BackyardEOS and PHD2 along with all ASCOM drivers to control a couple of different mounts that I may use at any given time.  The Compute Stick connects to a second hand WiFi router, which allows me to connect remotely using an RDP client (Remote Desktop Protocol) from a variety of devices including my iPad, iPhone, Windows Laptop, or whatever else I have available.

I'd like to continue the same setup, installing ExporeStars on the Compute Stick for mount control using the WiFi ASCOM driver.  This would require another device to be on the WiFi network to allow me to control the ComputeStick remotely.

This leads me to my question...can I have more than one device connected to the WiFi network created by the PMC-8?  If not, any thoughts on options that would allow me to keep my current setup?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Steve