Alternate Download Location for Explore Stars

Steve Siedentop

Hi Jerry -

Question regarding Explore Stars....

Is there a place where I can download the application, outside of the Windows App Store?

When attempting to import the Celestial Database, I found that I'm unable to do so because the application is trying to write to the application container (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\) rather than a user mapped location (C:\My Docuemnts\Explore Stars\<yada, yada, yada> for example) and Microsoft seems to have this locked down nearly air tight as far as I can tell.

I spent quite a bit of time sifting through how to circumvent the permissions on the application container to no avail.

Thoughts?

-Steve