Re: Explorestars App for Android #ExploreScientific

brian skinner

Thanks West,  I'm sure your right of course but being new to goto mounts some of the app buttons are confusing to me at least and seem not to appear on the video for the older version app so far produced. But of course I'll keep on playing......
Kind regards, Brian

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 21:17 Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@... wrote:
Brian:

Just load it and open it up and play.  It is so easy to use.  

Wes.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 3:50 PM Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific <jrh@...> wrote:
Hi Brian,

First of all, welcome to the PMC-Eight Forum/Family.  I appreciate your purchase and I hope that we can help you on your journey using your new iEXOS 100 mount.  Currently the video you found is the only one I have produced showing how to use the ExploreStars app. We currently do not have any ExploreStars videos on the other platforms. I think we should probably create a document showing the different features of the ExploreStars app and the differences between the Windows, Android, and iOS versions. We could probably turn that into a video once we have all the screenshots that we need to be able to point out the differences. 

You may or may not read about the work we are doing currently to correct some issues that have been identified in our initial release of the Android and iOS versions. We hope to be able to release the updated apps soon.

Again, thanks again for your purchase, and please don't hesitate to browse the forum and our knowledge base on the explorescientificusa.com website, and ask questions here. Your fellow customers have a wealth of experience using the PMC-Eight system, and if I can't get to your question in a timely manner, I am sure someone here on the forum will be able to help out.
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

--
Wes, Southport NC
PMC-8, ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.