Re: Tablets that work..

Stephen Vickers - Explore Scientific Developer <stephen.vickers@...>

The wifi switching off is not us, it’s on Apple. They are not allowing us to keep sending data from the app while it’s in the background. If we had bluetooth then they would be fine for it automatically.

Thanks,
Stephen Vickers

Explore Scientific

o. 866.252.3811
m. 870.654.6995
stephen.vickers@...

On Apr 1, 2019, at 10:38 AM, Suprit Singh via Groups.Io <supritsingh@...> wrote:

Hi Gord,

The wifi issue happened due to my mistake in setting the wifi password that lead to a factory reset. I think the switching of "wifi to serial and back" can be improved and especially systems that are not running Windows such as Mac OS and Linux. Other than that, I am very confident for using this mount as far as GoTo is concerned. Haven't tried auto-guiding yet.

Best,
Suprit

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 12:30 PM Gord Farmer <gordfarmer@...> wrote:
A little concerning , all the problems people seem to be having .
I’m at a point of wondering if I should have ordered this mount in the first place .

On Apr 1, 2019, at 11:26 AM, Suprit Singh <supritsingh@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I can confirm ExploreStars working well on my ipad pro 10.5 with the latest iOS 12.1.4 installed. At the moment, my PMC8 system has gone back to ES due to a wifi issue. I can make a video of the app in function when it comes back.

Best,
Suprit

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 12:19 PM Gord Farmer <gordfarmer@...> wrote:
I operate my exos11 mount PMC-Eight on a iPad Air 2.   Explore stars app
It bears very little resemblance to the windows version . How about a proper video on this system when using iOS
Being new to the game it would be in the least helpful.
 Plus in the help section in the app there is none.
 It’s working reasonably well after a month of trial and error.
  Thanks
Exos 11 PMC-Eight.
Explore Scientific AR 152

On Apr 1, 2019, at 9:57 AM, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Hi all:

A recurring theme on the forum is what tablet is known to work with Explorestars.  I believe this is primarily with regard to Android tablets but I guess it might come up with other tablets as well.  I propose that we all respond to this note by stating thier tablet, their OS, the OS version that they have found success with.  I will compile these and create a document with these data.  This should help others, especially those new to the product line.

I use a

Samsung Tab A, 7".  It is running Android 5.1.1
Insignia 10" Windows 10 Tab, details to follow

Wes.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG

Suprit Singh

Postdoc @ UNB Fredericton

Research Areas:
 Gravitation, Cosmology, and Computer Vision
Interests: Wide-field and Deep Sky Astrophotography
Scopes: ES ED102 APO Triplet, Meade 80mmF5 refractor, Super Takumar 200mm F4
Mounts: ES EXOS2GT PMC8, Astrotrac TT320X-AG, SW Star Adventurer
Cameras: Sony A7