Re: ASCOM Serial Connection Errors #ASCOM

Darryl,

What Wes said, but...

Did you keep attempting to connect after getting that message?  If so, what happened?

I see the sequence below Every Single Time I connect, and it's been reported by others from time to time, as well.  The stumbles are annoying, but they're basically click-through and I'm in.

Attempt #1: Error Connecting msg
Attempt #2: No message, but no success, either
Attempt #3: Connection sucessful

My guess (and that's all it is), from some connect-disconnect-connect cycles that I've run, is that the first bump or two probably has more to do with the FTDI driver becoming active and making COM ports available, than with ASCOM or the PMC8 driver.

FWIW...

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2