Re: IEXOS-100 First Light report and a few thoughts/complaints #iEXOS-100

Harry

Hi Richard, Like you I sometimes can not see Polaris. I use both the IOS and Android versions of ExploreStars.
First, in IOS its uses the term “Auto Slew”. Android uses “Auto Align”. They are the same thing.
I am showing IOS version 1.1.1 as the latest. The following applies to IOS since that is what you are using. I have had good results with mine. Here are my steps using 2 or 3 star alignments. Here are my steps.

Select Auto Slew Off
Load GPS coordinates
Reset Alignment
2 Star Alignment, Note do not select Next (If you already have an idea of what star you want for alignment.)
Select Menu, Catalog, (second item), Alignment, Choose your star,  Slew to object, Center the star in
scope if necessary, Sync.
It will then say”Align to Second Star, then press Sync.”
Repeat the above, again do not press Next, unless you want it to choose for you. I make my own choice.
After the above, you should be aligned.
Note: I have found that if you choose 3 Star Alignment, your choice of the third star will be minimal, if any
at all are available.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Harry
Vero Beach, FL
Scopes: ES AR102,  Meade ETX 90 EC (Deforked)
Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight, IPAD & Fire HD8, Oberwerk 5000 Tripod
Binos: Oberwerk 15x70, 8x40