EXOS II PIER

Jack Bruner

--

Build this pier for about $100.

In addition to having an extremely rigid platform, a pier makes life easy in that you only have to level and polar align your mount once.  If you have a dark location, this, easy to build, pier will let you spend more time photographing  and viewing instead of aligning.

Once mounted on a pier your mount must be protected from the elements.  The ideal enclosure is Gord’s roll off roof.  I have a basic covering now and am working on a weatherproof enclosure for the mount and OTA.  I will post my results when I am finished.

If anyone wants more information about the pier or my working diagrams and detailed plans feel free to contact me and I will provide the information.

Jack

Explore Scientific EXOS 2 with pmc8
Explore Scientific N208CV 8 inch Neutonian
QHY 5-II Guide camera
Canon 7Ti DSLR
Rising Cam G3 camera
SharpCap software