Re: IEXOS-100 First Light report and a few thoughts/complaints #iEXOS-100

James Ball

Craig,

I went to the hardware store and picked up a six inch bolt that threads into the bottom of the counter weight bar to extend it.  I can't remember if it is M10 or M12, I just took the safety bolt from the end of the shaft to the hardware store and they matched it up with a bolt and washer(washer for safety).  The knobs on the side of the counter weights will screw in enough to make them tight.  It will create a longer moment arm which is not optimum, but allows for balancing with less counter weight.
--
Mounts: iEXOS-100
Scopes: Meade ETX90RA(deforked now) Sky Watcher 150MCT