Re: Expected tracking times *Unguided #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Chris Tardif

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 06:52 PM, Robert Hoskin wrote:
150PDS
Friends....I have the Celestron XLT 150 which I think is the same OTA as the 150PDS.  IMHO... the focuser on that tube is not up to the task of holding a DSLR setup.  I tried it....not good.  I looked at upgrading the focuser and that cost more than I was willing to pay.  With the camera hanging off the side of the OTA I think you're in trouble.  You also need a coma corrector for imaging on a Newtonian which adds more weight.

My 2 cents...happy to be corrected.

Chris