Re: G-11 vs EXOS-2 #G11 #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Jennifer Shelly

Jerry:

I am trying to update the firmware for my G-11.  I am using 9t_12_G11.eeprom
Could you please confirm that this is what I am supposed to see when I use Chris Moses' PMC-Eight Configuration Manager.

7       EVT:503-Checking COM4.
EVT:505-Propeller chip version 1 found on COM4.
EVT:506-Loading RAM
EVT:507-Verifying RAM
EVT:508-Programming EEPROM
EVT:509-Verifying EEPROM
INF:451-Success.

6       Success - results:
5       Attempting to upload ROM
4       Received: ESGvES6B09T11!
3       Sending via Serial: ESGv!
2       Switching to ASCOM...
1       Mount appears to be connected on Serial
0       Com Port: COM4

After I receive the last message "7       EVT:503-Checking COM4." I disconnect the DB-9/USB cable and power off the PMC-8.
Then I power up the PMC-8, open PMC-Eight Configuration Manager, reconnect, and enter command ESGv! and get the following.

4       Received: ESGvES6B09T11!
3       Sending via Serial: ESGv!
2       Switching to ASCOM...
1       Mount appears to be connected on Serial
0       Com Port: COM4

It appears that nothing was updated.  Am I missing something?

--
Sincerely,
Jennifer Shelly

AstroPorch, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2, Skywatcher AZ-GTi
Scopes: ES N208CF, Meade APO 70 MM Astrograph, QHY Mini Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY168C, ZWO ASI183MC-P, ZWO ASI183MM, Nikon D5600, Nikon D5200
Misc: SteelDrive II, SX USB Filter Wheel, TS Flip
Imaging Software:  APT, BYN, SharpCap Pro, ASICap