Re: Recommended Polar Finder that will work with IEXOS-100 PMC-eight

Kent Marts- Explore Scientific Customer Service

We do have a working prototype and production should be starting on the production model. We are still months away from actually having them in hand.

I've had a couple of customers who used an inexpensive red-dot finder. They glued the foot/mounting base to the side of the axis. Thye lowered the latitude until they could see a far-away object through the polar tunnel, then aligned the red dot to that.

When they set up the tripod, they use the red-dot finder to get Polaris into the polar tunnel.

Using an app that shows the hour angle of Polaris (PS Align Pro is what I use) to determine where in the tunnel to position Polaris will provide a very good polar alignment.

Kent Marts
Customer Service
Explore Scientific