Re: Recommended Polar Finder that will work with IEXOS-100 PMC-eight

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

A couple of questions…

1.        Are there any pictures of the working prototype mounted to the iEXOS-100 mount?  I am aware during production, things can change, but I am curious J.

2.       Should not all three be in alignment i.e. the polar scope, red dot finder, and imaging device?

Since I am not able to see Polaris, I take a guess using LAT and Lon.  I then slew to one of my favorite planets, only two I can see J.  Jupiter or Saturn.  Depending on where the planet is in my finder scope and red dot finder, I will manually adjust the altitude and azimuth to line up to the planet and call it a day.

It works for me, but I need a real polar alignment so  I can use the Goto feature to start imaging DSOs.

JR