Re: Recommended Polar Finder that will work with IEXOS-100 PMC-eight

Wes Mcdonald

JR

As Jerry suggested Dec drift align is possible.  But before you do that you should try to use the polar alignment tool in PS Align Pro.  You can use it to get pretty close without seeing Polaris.  Then you can try doing the Dec drift align.

Another trick that might work is to, after doing a rough polar alignment do a go-to to a star near meridian and at 0 Dec.  Then use your az-alt bolts to center the stat in your eyepiece.  This should be pretty good....but in truth I haven't been super successful doing it.

If you are planning on astrophotography then your are doing to want to use phd2 to guide.  I believe u will find it has a drift align tool.... Again I haven't used it.  I believe APT also has one, not used by me though.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG