Re: Expected tracking times *Unguided #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Chris Tardif

I am completely set up using ASCOM and here is how it’s all cabled.  I left Explore Stars behind soon after I got the mount.

I hope this helps.

  • Powered USB hub velcro’d to the mount.
  • USB cable from the mount to the USB hub
  • Guide Camera plugged into the USB hub
  • USB Cable from camera to the hub
  • One cable from the USB hub to the PC sitting on the tray.
  • Dew heater not shown, but it plugs into the USB hub as well.
  • My current challenge is to figure out plate-solving, but that’s another thread 😊
  • I then remote control the PC from my couch while my wife watches Hand Maids Tale.

I use POTHUB and it behaves as expected.

    • Install the ASCOM driver for the mount
    • Install ASCOM  (POTHUB lives there)
    • Then you can connect to ASCOM from APT, PHD etc.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10