Re: Expected tracking times *Unguided #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Wes Mcdonald

JB

Look good with one minor change.  You will connect the ascom to PMC8 via USB not wifi.  You don't need wifi for your setup.

I am concerned the camera might not like being on a hub....just something I read.  No verification.

If you haven't done it yet your camera attachment to your scope needs a few things.  Also with a newt you will have your camera hanging off to one side of the mount....might make balance sort of funny.  Have you put your camera in your scope and achieved focus?

Regards
Wes

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:52 PM JB1983 <capnjake83@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks everyone for the help today, its greatly appreciated.  I would have purchased some stuff that wouldn't have worked if not for you guys.

So what I've gathered today leads me to this configuration, let me know if I'm missing anything:

Scope setup will

Skywatcher 150PDS
Imaging camera   Nikon D5300
Mount   Exos2GT PMC8
Guide scope 60mm/240mm
Guide camera asi120mini

Imaging camera to USB Hub
Guide camera to USB hub
PMC8 unit to USB hub via serial to USB cable with FTDI chipset
USB hub to PC

Connect PMC 8 to PC via wifi

Use ASCOM and POTHub for PC to mount communications

Stellarium to replace explorestars for mount control, object location and goto

PHD2 for guiding

And backyard Nikon for camera control

Then it's just a matter of getting everything to work properly.  I've already watched alot of tutorials on PHD2 and I've used the android version of stellarium but havent used its mount control features.

Thanks again for all the help. I've seriosuly done a ton of research online this past while and some of this information I've never ran into in my travels.  Time to pull the wallet out. Summer is like 2 months long in northern Alberta Haha

Cheers everyone

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG