Re: Expected tracking times *Unguided #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Chris,

I bought my EXOS2 from Steve as well.  Good guy, and very helpful.

Re: Integration... Yes, that's the fun bit.  Integrating user-defined mix of optics, mechanical hardware, electromechanical hardware, electronics, and signal transport, with a mix of commercial and non-commercial software (with documentation quality all over the map).

When you think about the stack that attempts to point the scope, and then bring back an image for you, it's a lot.  And then you discover that you're not pointed correctly - or you are, but your stars are squiggles of some kind - and you get to try to figure out what in that integration stack is the problem, based solely on the offending image.  Software config issue? Loose guidescope screw? Signal transport issue?  Mount not adjusted?  The list goes on.  Good times. :-)

Steve did suggest APT to me too, but BYN is focused on the camera I have, so I stayed with it.  I do have plate solving integrated (AT).  The BYN side of the integration was easy.  Getting AT working was a pain, mostly due to out of date doc and config advice, but that's sorted out now.  Works very well.

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide