From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:53:40 AM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Auotguiding no longer working

Chris,

PHD2 will have created both a Guide log and a Debug log for the session you had trouble with.  They should have captured what was going on.  Suggest you look for them in My Documents\PHD2, zip both up, and post them.  If you were in and out of PHD2 during the night and there's more than one pair, post 'em all.

Your 400mm lens would be easier to guide than your new 714mm scope [ie: 714mm will be less forgiving of tracking errors than 400mm].  PHD2, however will not care about that, as it has no idea whether your imaging is producing round stars at a given exposure length, or not.

PHD2 may have trouble, if the extra weight or length is creating a mechanical issue, or your gear is wobbling somewhere rather than being held rigidly, but that's a different problem.

Also - can you please update your .sig with your gear and software?

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide