locked Re: IEXOS-100 PMC-EIGHT - Wifi Connection Issue #iEXOS-100 #TECHNICAL

Marc West

Jerry

I Am notninsuating anything I simple ask you to send me the ii structiona to set it up.

Are you saying there are not clearly defined instructions of how to setup?

What has actually changed in 2 years has anything progressed?

Does it speak to all the software you advertise?
Does it work seamlessly?
Does the software actually provide value for the expense of PMC8 verses a hand held device?

These are things people look at, I believe there is a lot of vapour and I am kit falling for it, I have invested a lot in the product and it doesn’t provide what if makes out.

You can’t espouse that the product does what it does and then say well you have to read this is contatx stellarium.

Either it officially works or not!!

This will be case when I take it to Amex and OPT let’s see what they say!!! I won’t stop here!!!

Regards Marc

On Jul 8, 2019, at 6:20 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

Marc,

If you had done only a minimum of reading about ASCOM, you would know that ASCOM only works on the Windows platform. We never say anything different. We offer the ExplorStars application for the Windows, Android and iOS platform. The ExploreStars app only works wirelessly over WiFi using the UDP/IP network protocol. You can use ASCOM either wirelessly over WiFi using the TCP/IP network protocol, or hardwired using a DB9 Serial to USB adapter cable. That's all there is.

We provide more than adequate instructions to install and use our software for anyone willing to simply follow them. Your continued insinuation that our system does not work or operate as we say it does will put you at risk of being removed from this forum. If you have any questions after reviewing the materials we provide in our knowledge base or on our software and downloads page on our website, i sugfest you contact customer support at +1 (252)-3811 ext 2.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data